- QUALITY – Designed in Germany – this high quality fabric cleaner contains no nasties.
- NEW GEN – Safe yet strong stain and soil lifter with the power of plant and algae derived detergents
- 2-IN-1 – Perfectly suitable for everyday cleaning but also doubles up as a great stain remover.
- SOAP FREE – It is 100% soap and solvent free and leaves minimal residue on the fibres.
- SAFE – This cleaner can even be left to work overnight on extreme stains.
- MULTIUSE – Suitable for wool, cotton, artificial velvet and artificial silk, Alcantara and fabric.
- SAFE AROUND PETS - the natural formulation of this cleaner makes it safe to use around pets.
- GOES A LONG WAY - One 500 ml bottle should allow to clean roughly 20 sq metres.
For Alcantara & cloth car interior, sofa, furniture, carpet, rug, clothes | Plant based | Suitable for cotton, wool and all artificial fibres (artificial velvet, artificial silk)
Traditional cleaning methods involve making the surface wet and rubbing hard on a stained area which often damages the material and distorts the texture.
Why is wet cleaning bad?
Water-based cleaning solutions are the main reason for the majority of problems with artificial velvet. Some fabrics like Rayon tend to lose 70% of their strength when wet – rubbing hard or extraction cleaning might cause the material to rip especially on old or sun damaged fabrics. Dry cleaning is the best way to clean these fabrics but how do you dry clean a sofa or a chair.
What to do if I can't dry clean it?
The next best thing to dry cleaning is low moisture cleaning. This is the thought process behind Geist. Fabric & Upholstery Cleaner. Made from plant and algae derived detergents it has a unique quality to loosen the stains and lift soiling from the surface. Simply spray a light mist of the product evenly and leave it to work. on the stain.
- Vacuum up loose sand and dust thoroughly. Spray the cleaner onto a moist sponge or cloth and rub over the entire surface. Rub the cleaner off with a moist towel or microfibre cloth. Rub down with a dry towel. DO NOT clean textiles in direct sunlight.
- Stubborn stains: Spray the cleaner directly onto the soiled areas or stains, rub into soiling with a moist cloth or sponge and leave to work for at least 1 hr or longer. Next, spray product onto a moist sponge or cloth and work over the entire surface from seam to seam rubbing the foam into the textile. Absorb soiling by wiping down with a clean moist towel or microfibre cloth, working from seam to seam. Finally, wipe over the surface with a dry towel and leave to dry away from heat or sunlight.
- Watermarks: These are caused by rapid or uneven drying. If they occur, re-wet the surface evenly from seam to seam and let it dry slowly. Seat backrests should be reclined to allow air to circulate between the seat and backrest.
Safety Data Sheets in each language: